Through the PAF GD Pilot Course, the Pakistan Air Force is now selecting the most qualified young men to serve as pilots of the most advanced aircraft. Join the PAF GD (Pilot) Course, beginning in August. Those chosen through the PAF’s selection process will receive rigorous academic and professional training. They can anticipate a fulfilling career in the General Duty (Pilot) Branch.
Join the PAF as a pilot on general duty. Air Defense (AD), Aeronautical Engineering, General Duty (GD) Pilot, etc. Students with an intermediate degree, i.e., FSc/ICS/A-Level, as well as BS, BBA, MBA, and BS engineering, are eligible to apply for the courses listed above. For GD (Pilot) course information and rules, please go further down.
Benefits of PAF GD Pilot Course
- Elite Profession: In Pakistan, becoming a GD Pilot in the Pakistan Air Force is one of the most prestigious and elite professions. It allows you to serve your country at the highest level.
- Superior Training: PAF GD Pilots receive training of the highest caliber, which includes flight training on sophisticated aircraft and access to cutting-edge aviation facilities.
- Job Protection: Once chosen and trained, GD Pilots in the PAF enjoy a high level of employment security and long-term career opportunities.
- Comparable Remuneration: Pay and benefits are competitive for PAF GD Pilots. The exact compensation may vary dependent on the employee’s rank and years of experience.
- Profession Advancement: The PAF offers a structured career advancement path that enables GD Pilots to advance through the ranks, which may be accompanied by increased responsibility and remuneration.
- Regarding Healthcare and Insurance: Typically, GD Pilots and their families receive comprehensive health insurance, including medical and dental coverage.
- Housing and Habitation: The PAF frequently provides lodging or accommodation facilities for its personnel, such as furnished apartments or housing on the base.
- Pension Benefits: After their service, GD Pilots are entitled to retirement benefits, such as pension plans, to ensure their financial security.
- Educational and Career Prospects: The PAF provides its personnel with numerous opportunities for additional education and training to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Travel Possibilities: As part of their duties, GD Pilots may have the opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Technical and Management Abilities: Training and experience as a GD Pilot can contribute to the development of technical skills and leadership abilities that can be useful for a civilian career after retirement.
- Brotherhood and camaraderie: Colleagues develop a strong sense of camaraderie and cooperation through military service.
- Adventure and Exhilaration: Piloting high-performance aircraft and participating in missions and drills can be personally rewarding and thrilling for aviation and adventure enthusiasts.
Eligibility for PAF GD Pilot Course
For the PAF GDP course, a candidate must satisfy the requirements listed below.
- Age: 16 to 22 years old are eligible to register for the GDP course.
- Male and female citizens of Pakistan are their nationality.
- Body mass index (BMI) determines weight, and the minimum height for a candidate is 5 feet, 4 inches.
- Status conjugal: Only singles may register for the GDP Course.
- Vision: A candidate’s vision must be 6/6 in each eye (without corrective lenses).
- Education and training for three years in Risalpur
- Educational Requirements: Candidates must have earned a minimum of 60% in any of the following subjects:
- FSc (pre-engineering)
- FSc (Pre-Medical)
- A’Level with subject Physics and (Math or Biology)
- FSc/ICS (Computer Science)
- FSc with Physics and any other two subjects from ( Maths, Stat, Computer Science, Biology)
Ineligibility Conditions For PAF GD Pilot Course
Under the following conditions, a candidate is ineligible to enroll in the PAF GD Pilot course:
- The Inter-Services Selection Board (ISSB) disqualified a candidate twice.
- The ISSB rejected the candidate twice.
- A candidate who has been dismissed, removed, or disqualified from any government service.
- A candidate who took the examination within 120 days (four months) of their previous ISSB appearance.
- Expelled from the Armed Forces, PAK Army, Navy, or PAF.
- convicted in a court of law of any serious offense (which the military authority with jurisdiction will determine)
- Permanently UNFIT as determined by the Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- The candidate who withdrew for disciplinary reasons from any pledged Armed Forces college or institution.
- Those who withdraw, are discharged, resign, or purchase a commission from any Armed Forces officer academy or Armed Forces training institution, regardless of the reason,
Note: Without glasses, each eye must have 6/6 vision. The candidate with vision less than 6/6 (without spectacles) will be deemed unfit during the initial medical examination at PAF information and selection centers.
PAF GD Pilot Course Registration
Registration online or at PAF Information & Selection Centers. For registration at PAF Information & Selection Centers, please visit the PAF I & SC in your area. Visit PAF Selection Centers to examine a list of PAF selection centers and contact information.
For online registration, please visit the Pakistan Air Force’s official website at www.joinpaf.gov.pk.
Selection Procedure For PAF GD Pilot Course
- A candidate must pass these initial phases at PAF Information & Selection centers in order to be considered for the ISSB examination.
- Register Online or at the PAF I & SC Registration Center. Create a copy of your valid registration form.
- Initial Written Exam for the GDP Course/ Intelligence Test.
- Academic Exams in the aforementioned disciplines.
- General Duty Pilot: Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Academic E-Testing (GD Pilot Preparation Booklet)
- Initial Medical Checkup
- First Interview at the PAF Information and Selection Center
- Submission of ISSB Forms at the PAF Information and Selection Center
- Candidates will receive notice of the ISSB Test via the website as well as a phone call to their home address listed on their ISSB application.
- ISSB Examination & Interviews (5-Day Process)
- Final Medical Exam. (Final Medical Exam at Central Medical Board Lahore CMB)
- AHQ bases its selections on the overall performance of candidates. (PAF GDP Course Final Class Ranking)
- Three years of training will be required of the selected candidates at the PAF Asghar Khan Academy in Risalpur.
Documents Required for PAF GD Pilot Course
The following requirements must be met in order to enter the PAF Selection Centre.
- Original certificate, detailed Matric/ICS/FSc or equivalent mark sheet, detailed matric mark sheet.
- Original Result Card must be presented.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) for those older than 18 years. Under-18 candidates must submit Form “B” with the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of their legal guardian (father or mother).
- One set of attested photocopies of the documents listed above.
- The Principal, Class-1 Gazetted Officer must attest the front and back of three passport-sized color photographs.
- An original and one photocopy of the ISSB letter NOT RECOMMENDED are required (only for repeater candidates).
157 GDP Course Joining Dates: 2024 (Expected)
- Start Date: 07 February 2024
- Last Date: February 16, 2024
People Also Ask
What is the qualification for a PAF GD pilot?
Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply for the General Duty Pilot position. Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed their Intermediate (FSc Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical/Computer Science), A-Level with Physics, Math, and Biology, or equivalent, with a minimum of 60% marks.
What does GD Pilot stand for?
GD Pilot stands for general duty pilot in the Pakistan Air Force. The applicants who meet the criteria of general service training, flying, and academics are commissioned as pilot officers in the GD (P) Branch of the PAP.
What is the training period for a PAF GD pilot?
The training period for a PAF General Duty Pilot is 4 years. The first year is spent at the PAF Academy Asghar Khan in Risalpur, where the cadets learn basic flying skills. The second year is spent at the PAF Air Force Academy in Karachi, where the cadets learn more advanced flying skills.