The Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) is an assessment committee that chooses potential recruits for the Pakistan Armed Forces. It is a very prestigious organization that makes sure that only the best applicants are selected to defend the nation. ISSB is an essential part of the military recruitment process and has a rich and distinguished history.
Check Also: Punjab Police Jobs in PSCA 2024 – Apply Now
History of ISSB
To assess applicants for Pakistan’s Army, Navy, and Air Force, the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) was founded in 1952. The main goal was to choose the top applicants based on their aptitude in terms of mental, physical, and psychological skills. With its main office located in Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the ISSB operates other centers around Pakistan.
Benefits of ISSB Selection Board Service
- Possibility of Enlisting in the Military: The principal advantage of the ISSB is that it offers people the chance to become commissioned officers in the Pakistan Army, Navy, or Air Force, which is an elite force.
- Various Career Paths: The ISSB evaluates applicants for the Army, Navy, and Air Force officer cadet programs, allowing people to choose a military career path based on their interests and qualifications.
- Highly Esteemed Career: In Pakistan, becoming an officer in the military forces is highly regarded. It carries with it a feeling of pride, dignity, and respect.
- Workplace Safety: Officers in the armed forces usually have possibilities for career improvement and advancement along with job stability and stable employment after being recruited and commissioned.
- Competitive Salary Structure Armed forces officers are compensated competitively and get retirement plans, bonuses, and allowances.
- Education and Career Advancement: Selected applicants receive extensive training that gives them tactical, technical, and leadership abilities. The professional development and training courses are worthwhile and comprehensive.
- Journey and Exploration: Depending on their missions and deployments, military officers get the chance to travel and encounter a variety of situations and cultures both inside Pakistan and abroad.
- Medicinal Services To guarantee complete health coverage, the armed forces offer medical facilities and healthcare services to their members and their families.
- Benefits of Education:
- Officers may be eligible for educational advantages, such as funding for advanced degrees and further education, frequently at respectable universities.
- Opportunities for Leadership: Serving in the military provides people with the chance to assume leadership and decision-making responsibilities, which helps them to grow as leaders.
- Different Tasks: Officers can contribute to a wide range of specializations within the armed services by serving in a variety of roles in combat, engineering, aviation, intelligence, logistics, and more.
- Friendship and Cooperation: Colleagues who serve in the armed forces develop a strong feeling of camaraderie and teamwork, which forges enduring friendships and a positive work atmosphere.
A battery of exams intended to evaluate a candidate’s mental, physical, and psychological makeup is part of the ISSB selection process. The examination process typically lasts four days, during which time the candidates must submit to a battery of exams and assessments.
- Checking of Documents
- Allotment of ID and Chest Numbers
- Administration staff’s address
- Completion of the Board
- An Opening Address by a Deputy President
- Intelligence Tests.
- Announcement of the screening results.
- Remaining psychological tests.
The initial screening of candidates takes place on the first day of the ISSB evaluation process. A written exam that evaluates the candidates’ proficiency in English, math, current events, and fundamental science is mandatory. Those candidates who are eliminated from consideration will not be permitted to retake the exam.
- Indoor Tasks
- Group Discussion
- Group Planning
- Outdoor Tasks
- Progressive Group Tasks (PGT)
- Half-Group Task (HGT)
Push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1.6-kilometer run are among the physical assessments that are part of the assessment procedure on the second day. These exams evaluate the candidate’s stamina and level of physical fitness.
- Individual Obstacles.
- Command Task
- Final Group Task (FGT)
- Interviews (leftovers)
Psychological testing, along with group talks and individual and group planning exercises, takes place on the third day of the evaluation procedure. These exams evaluate the candidate’s leadership potential, decision-making skills, and mental agility.
- Preparation of all the results
- Dispersal of candidates
A panel of ISSB officers was interviewed on the last day of the evaluation procedure. During the interview, the candidate’s purpose for enlisting in the military, communication abilities, and general demeanor are evaluated.
Coaching for ISSB
Aspiring candidates in Pakistan can receive ISSB instruction from several coaching institutes. The goal of the coaching programs is to assist applicants in getting ready for the examinations and other evaluations they will face during the review procedure.
The coaching facilities offer instruction in interview preparation, written exams, physical fitness testing, and psychological assessments. It’s crucial to remember that coaching is optional, and applicants are free to decide how best to be ready for the ISSB evaluation process.
Trivia about ISSB
- The selection of candidates for the Air Force, Navy, and Pakistan Fauj is the responsibility of ISSB.
- The stringent ISSB examination procedure includes tests and evaluations of cognitive, motor, and psychological capacities.
- To be considered for selection, candidates must pass all tests administered during the four-day ISSB evaluation process.
- The headquarters of ISSB are in Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and the organization has several centers spread throughout Pakistan.
- While coaching is offered for ISSB, it is not required; candidates are free to prepare independently.
Major Responsibility and Functioning
The ISSB’s main duty is to choose the top applicants for the Pakistani Armed Forces. To guarantee that only the most competent and qualified applicants are chosen for military service, the ISSB evaluation procedure was created. The ISSB officers examine the applicant’s general personality, motivation for enlisting in the military, and mental, physical, and psychological capabilities.
The ISSB operates impartially and openly. Standardized exams and evaluations are administered to all candidates as part of the evaluation process. The highly qualified and experienced ISSB officers analyze candidates’ skills and suitability for military duty using a variety of assessment instruments.
An integral component of the Pakistan Armed Forces’ recruitment procedure is the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB). Candidates are assessed for potential leadership skills, as well as their physical and cerebral capacities, during the ISSB selection process.
The best applicants are chosen for the Pakistan Army, Navy, and Air Force thanks to the ISSB’s impartial and transparent operation. You must get ready for the ISSB if you want to join the Pakistani military. With the right support and preparation, you can do well during the application process.
People Also Ask
How do I study for ISSB?
Read newspapers, watch TV, and search the internet to learn all about current affairs. Research history and defense because there will be some general knowledge questions in the ISSB test. You should discuss any trending topic with your friends and family members so that you get a greater grip on them.
What is the work of ISSB?
The ISSB has set out four key objectives: to develop standards for a global baseline of sustainability disclosures; to meet the information needs of investors; and to enable companies to provide comprehensive sustainability information to global capital markets.
Is the ISSB test difficult?
It evaluates a candidate’s capacity for problem-solving, judgment, and a host of other essential leadership and officer qualities. In this regard, the ISSB is very demanding. As a result, the vast majority of students are unable to pass this exam. ISSB selects candidates for the army, navy, and air force.