The Pakistan Army’s regular commission program is the PMA extended course. The previous PMA Long course number was 152, and the following course number will be 153. PMA extended course announcements occur twice per year. Once in March and then again in October. The course in March is known as an even course, while the course in October is known as an unusual course. To join the Pak Army via the 153 PMA Long Course, you must possess a minimum inter/DEA/O level qualification to apply for PMA L/C.
The training for LC 153 at the Pakistan Military Academy is for two years. These two years consist of six terms. During their training, PMA 153 cadets pursue BMAS (Bachelor of Military Art and Science). Cadets are granted the rank of second lieutenant upon completion of training.
If you wish to become an engineer in the Pakistan Army, you must register for the Technical Cadet Course, for which applicants must have completed FSC Pre-Engineering and ICS. However, women can register for the Lady Cadet Course after completing 16 years of schooling.
Expected Date and Online Registration
To submit a paper application for PMA 153 LC, visit your local AS&RC (Army Selection & Recruitment Center). It will take the website 72 hours to generate your test date, so be patient and do not fret. 153 PMA extended course information is provided below.
Eligibility Criteria For Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course
The eligibility criteria to Join the Pak Army through the PMA long course are given as:
|Country||Pakistan & Dual Nationals (after selection, they have to withdraw other nationality)|
|Organization||Pakistan Army (Armed Force)|
|Age Relaxation||3 months upper & lower|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age is eligible)|
|Course Duration||2 Years (Divided Into 6 Terms)|
- Candidates must be single
- The minimum height is 165 centimeters (5,4 feet).
- A candidate must meet the minimum physical and medical requirements.
- Candidates who have received two rejections from the ISSB are ineligible to register.
- A candidate is only eligible for a grade reduction if he or she has studied or resided in particular areas.
Details of Pak Army PMA Long Course 153
PMA long course 153 details are given below. You should qualify for one eligibility requirement from one of these.
|Degree||Minimum Marks||Age Requirement|
|Inter/DAE/A-level||55 % marks||17-22 Years|
|BSC/BS (2 Year)||60 % marks + 50% marks in Inter||17-23 Years|
|BS(4 years)||60 % marks/CGPA + 50% marks in Inter||17-24 Years|
|Serving Soldiers||50% marks in Inter||17-25 Years|
|Rural Areas||5-10 % marks relaxation||–|
- Minimum of 55 percent on the FA/FSc/DAE/O level.
- 50% ratings for Army Soldiers in service.
- Those who have taken the FSC Part-1 and Advanced Subsidiary examinations in 2022 may also apply with a “Hope Certificate of 55% Marks” issued by the institution’s head.
- You can determine your CGPA using the CGPA Calculator or the CGPA to Percentage calculator.
In-Eligibility Conditions For Pak Army PMA Long Course 153
- Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) rejected twice.
- Tested within four months (120 days) of the previous ISSB appearance, unless the competent authority grants a waiver.
- Convicted in a court of law for any grievous crime (to be determined by the military authority with jurisdiction).
Benefits of Pak Army PMA Long Course 153
- Military Training Superiority: PMA is renowned for providing its cadets with superior military instruction. It prepares them for leadership positions within the armed forces and provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively serve their country.
- Management Development: The PMA emphasizes leadership development, instilling qualities such as discipline, honesty, and bravery in its recruits. Graduates are adequately prepared for leadership positions in the Pakistan Army.
- Physical Condition: At the PMA, cadets undergo rigorous physical training, which aids in the development of superior physical fitness and endurance. This is essential for military service, which frequently involves strenuous physical demands.
- Character Development: PMA places a significant emphasis on character formation. Cadets are instructed in the fundamental military values of honor, duty, and altruistic service.
- Academic Achievement: In addition to military training, the PMA also provides academic courses that provide cadets with a well-rounded education. This includes subjects like military strategy, tactics, and other relevant areas of study.
- The value of camaraderie: At PMA, cadets cultivate strong bonds of camaraderie and cooperation. In the military, this sense of unity and shared purpose is a valuable asset.
- National Responsibility: PMA graduates serve their country in a variety of capacities within the Pakistan Army. They play a vital role in assuring Pakistan’s security and defense.
- Profession Advancement: Graduating from PMA offers numerous career opportunities within the armed forces. Cadets can aspire to advance through the ranks and assume leadership positions of significance.
- Reputation International: The PMA’s military training programs have earned an international reputation. This can enhance Pakistan’s reputation in the international community and facilitate cooperation with other countries.
- Participation in Peacekeeping: Pakistan has a long history of participation in United Nations peacekeeping missions, and PMA-trained officers frequently contribute to these endeavors. This contributes to global stability and harmony.
- National Honor: PMA is a source of national pride in Pakistan, and its alumni are frequently celebrated as champions and role models for young people.
Initial Test Syllabus of Pak Army PMA Long Course 153
The purpose of the intelligence test is to evaluate a candidate’s problem-solving skills to determine whether he meets the minimum Intelligence requirement. The PMA IQ examination is administered via computer. Computer literacy is required for the initial exam for the 153 PMA long course.
|Test Type||Total Questions||Total Time|
|Verbal Intelligence Test||65 Questions||30 minutes|
|Non-Verbal Intelligence Test||75 Questions||35 minutes|
In intelligence tests, number and character series, odd one-out, and comparison questions appeared to assess a candidate’s problem-solving abilities.
In a non-verbal intelligence test, diagrams, shapes, and puzzles are presented, and you must select the most appropriate solution. It is less difficult than a verbal intelligence test.
These medical tests are administered during the PMA extended course. Unfit candidates will be referred to the CMH (Combined Military Hospital) closest to their location.
- Chest expansion
- Flat feet
- Carry angle
- Knocking knee
- Weight (according to BMI)
By entering your height and weight into this BMI calculator, you can determine your weight. It will indicate whether or not you are qualified.
The PMA Long Course physical exam is administered at the nearest army field. These exams are administered during a physical examination.
|Running||1.6 KM||8 mints||3|
S&ROs will conduct interviews with candidates who pass the written, medical, and physical tests in place of the Brigadier and Psychologist that the formation requires. Before the interview, each candidate must compose a 10-line essay in English and Urdu. Before the interview, candidates will receive plain paper for their English and Urdu essays. The Topic of the Day will be displayed on the board in the exam room or atrium. S&RO will compile a list of each candidate who appears for an interview. Each candidate will receive a score out of twenty. A candidate securing less than 12 marks will be considered a failure and will not be given the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) form.
The following interview conduct guidelines are provided:
- Confidence and fluency in both English and Urdu.
- A sufficient understanding of current affairs. A sufficient understanding of Geo and Pak Studies. Overall perspective.
- Included among extracurricular activities are athletics and hobbies. Any additional aspect deemed relevant by the Panel.
- All AS&RCS must ensure that every candidate’s interview is recorded via CCTV and share the recordings with the PA DTE every week.
- To pass the initial interview, one must demonstrate self-assurance and focus. After passing the PMA initial interview, applicants must submit ISSB forms. After 1-2 months, they are referred to as ISSB tests.
ISSB Merit & Selection of Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course
Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs) will populate the module with all required entries (Physical Test and Interview marks). The Personal Administration Directorate will nominate candidates for the Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) based on their merit. Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB)-recommended candidates will undergo a comprehensive medical examination at nearby Combined Military Hospitals. General Headquarters will make the final selection based on the candidate’s performance.
People Also Ask:
What is the eligibility requirement for the PMA Long Course?
Minimum 55% marks in FA/FSC and equivalent Candidates who have secured 60% or above in FA/FSc with 50% marks in BA/BSc/BA/BSc-(Hons) and BBA/BPA are eligible for the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course.
What is the age limit for PMA-LC?
Intermediate or equivalent degree holders between the ages of 17 and 22 are eligible to apply. Graduation (2-year degree) holders and those serving in the Pakistan Navy / Pakistan Air Force with ages of 17 to 23 are eligible to apply.
Can I join PMA after FSC?
There are four ways to join the Pakistan Army after the FSC/A level or equivalent. Candidates can join the Pakistan Army either through the Long Course, Technical Course, Medical Course, or AFNS. The long course at the Pakistan Military Academy is considered among the toughest courses in the Pakistan Army.